Money orders are very secure and simple way of payment. It is a paper document which is quite similar to a check in looks. People all around the world including US use this method to send money but some are not aware about nearby locations and always ask a question that “where can i get a money order near me?”
They are prepaid which means that they are released to the buyer only after making payment. This is one of the main reasons, we called it safe mode of providing payment to the seller. They can come handy when seller wouldn’t accept cash or check. You can easily buy them via Debit card or cash. If you are a receiver, you will need some ID or identification card in order to get the bucks.
When you need a Money Order?
There are many circumstances when you should use it instead of some other method. Many of us use it for various purposes. Some of those purposes when you would think of getting a money order are mentioned below.
- You don’t have a bank account and you want to clear your bills.
- You don’t want to receive a check from buyer because you are worried that it might bounce.
- There is a need to send money out of country.
- A transaction is risky and you want to do it in a secure way.
- You are mailing money to someone and you would like it to reach its destination without any issue.
Where to Cash Money Order Near Me?
Money orders can be cashed and bought from various locations like financial institutions, banks, credit unions, convenience stores, grocery stores, post offices, gas stations and drug stores. They can be purchased for a very small fees and it varies depending upon different outlets and locations. Whenever, you want to cash it, always remember to bring government issued identification card with you. You would not be able to get payment without it. Now that you are well aware about general places which cash money order near you, let’s discuss some popular places in detail. After going through this guide, you would definitely know that where can i get a money order near me.
The best and cheapest option to cash out money order in our opinion is Walmart. They are located at thousands of locations in USA and you can easily find its store near you. The only downside is that they only have Moneygram money order which is issued by Walmart and you can only cash it out in their stores.
You can purchase money order at any U.S postal service post office and send it to any location in United States. You can pay with cash, debit card or traveler check.
Limit: $1000 for domestic and $700 for international transfer.
Cost: $1.20 up to $500 and $1.60 up to $1000 for domestic and $8.25 for international.
Meijer is one of the most popular regional supercenter chain in America. It provides Western Union money order service for nominal charges.
4. Wells Fargo
You can purchase money order at any Wells Fargo branch. It will cost you $5 each and the maximum amount is $1000. You can pay it either with cash or from your Wells Fargo bank account but you should be member of the bank if you want to avail this service.
5. Bank of America
BOA also provides this facility. If you have a bank account with them, you can avail this service for free. If you are not member of Bank of America, there is a $5 fees with $1000 limit.
How to fill out Money Order
Filling it is not a very difficult task but it is very important that you do it in a right manner. A small mistake can cost you more time and money. You just need to follow simple steps below to fill it out.
- Firstly, purchase money order with cash or debit card.
- In “Pay to” field, add name of the recipient. Make sure that name is spelled correctly so that he/she doesn’t face any trouble. Recipient can be a person or a registered company. You should be filling out this field first because it can fall in the wrong hands.
- Write down you name in “sender”, “purchaser”, “from” or “remitter” section.
- If the “Address” field is present after “Pay to”, then it usually means that you need to enter receiver address. If it is after your name then it is the other way around. There is a space for both receiver and sender in most cases. You should fill it accordingly.
- You will find “Purchaser Signature” field at the bottom. Your signature will be required here.
- In “Memo” section, you should state the reason for purchasing this money order.
- There is a carbon copy below the document. This is your receipt and you should detach it and keep it at a safe place for record.